Rugged Factor 1 sensors withstand high-intensity magnetic fields and are resistant to impacts and weld spatter accumulation
Let us introduce you to the exciting additions to our highly regarded Weld-Immune family of inductive proximity sensors, introducing versions of our Series 600 technology family capable of withstanding high-intensity magnetic fields. Featuring Contrinex’s proven Condet® technology, both the new Series 600 sensors and the existing Series 700 Full Inox devices are true Factor 1 sensors, sensing targets in steel and aluminum equally effectively with no reduction in sensing distance.
The rugged construction of the S600 Classics weld-immune sensors includes an impact-resistant metal housing and a temperature-resistant sensing face in a high-strength PEEK polymer. The strong magnetic fields in welding cells or other environments with high-intensity magnetic fields do not affect the sensor’s performance. With sizes from M8 to M18 and increased operating ranges of up to 8 mm, S600 weld-immune sensors offer size-for-size performance that is directly comparable to their S700 Full Inox counterparts.
For applications directly exposed to weld spatter, sensors are available with an ACTIVSTONE® coating, a high-performance ceramic layer that provides exceptional robustness in MIG, MAG and spot-welding applications. Custom-designed, ACTIVSTONE®-coated accessories, including fixing nuts and mounting brackets, resist the accumulation of weld spatter and withstand frequent wire-brush cleaning. Heavy-duty PUR cables and optional high-temperature-rated spatter-resistant shrouding prevent cable damage.
Combining exceptional durability in harsh environments with an extended working life, Contrinex’s enhanced Weld-Immune sensor range is a highly affordable, risk-free option for systems integrators and equipment designers in diverse industries, including automotive, aerospace, electronics and white goods.
Advantages at a glance
- New Series 600 inductive position sensors feature rugged all-metal housings and robust, temperature-resistant sensing faces in high-strength PEEK polymer
- Existing Series 700 devices feature one-piece stainless-steel (V2A/AISI 303) housings and sensing faces
- Weld-Immune sensors combine optimum detection sensitivity with immunity to electromagnetic interference from welding processes
- Factor 1 devices sense targets in steel and aluminum equally effectively with no adjustment in sensing distance
- Expanded portfolio offers sizes from M8 to M30 (Series 700) plus sensing distances up to 8 mm (Series 600) or 16 mm (Series 700)
- All external sensor surfaces, including fixing nuts and mounting brackets, can be protected against spatter accumulation with ACTIVSTONE® coating
- Heavy-duty PUR cables with optional spatter-resistant PTFE shrouding prevent cable damage